Monique Bradley Finding Happy VLOG Opportunity
This video, presented by Monique Bradley discusses the effects that self limiting beliefs have on your happiness! In this VLOG Monique looks at ways to let go of the old stories, release the past and get ready to take up the new opportunities available to you!
Monique Bradley (BA) was first published at the age of 12 and is a multi award winning actor, singer, children’s entertainer and MC and has delivered lectures in the power of conscious language choices, communication styles, the benefits of storytelling for early childhood development and educates people in learning about their own personality strengths.
Monique is also a spokesperson for the website www.depression.org.nz
Monique and partner Pete Ward are the creators of the GET A LIFE platform – a website designed to help those who are interested in writing their new life story, just like they did.
Monique and Pete are also the brains behind STARLIGHT MEDIA HOUSE: The story people, helping you tell your story.
AND you can find their stories in music form:
Here’s a transcript:
This weeks VLOG topic is:
Opportunity – release your ties to the past.
When you let of go of the old, you make room for the new.
Many of the clients I’ve been training and coaching seem to be struggling with self limiting thoughts and beliefs that are hindering their progress and preventing them from living the life they truly want!
Letting go can be challenging – and I speak from experience here – especially if you’ve had one mode or pattern of behaviour for a number of years. Letting go of people, ideas, expectations, desires; letting go of bad habits, false beliefs and unhealthy relationships… the list goes on. Every day and every moment gives you the opportunity to create yourself anew, to shrug off the old stories, open yourself up to the possibility of the moment and take action to create the future you really want.
Although we can understand this intellectually, knowing it and living it are two very different things.
Part of my Finding Happy programme looks at our core beliefs and values and how that governs our choices and behaviours and as a sneak peak, here are some of my favourite actions to let go and start creating the life you want!
1. Meditate. Find time to quieten your mind and relish in the results!
2. Reflect. Take time to reflect on your own history as your best friend would. What would your best friend say about you?
3. Accept. Accept your history and the people that have been a part of your history; accept your circumstances and remember that none of these define you.
4. Give. I love the quote: “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself”.
5. Understand that this is a process and ease up on yourself. Happiness affects every area of your life: your work, your relationships, your daily activities and your outlook which inevitably leads to a better quality of life, more opportunities and more success!
The old stories that sit in your subconscious are just that – old stories. The more you tell them to yourself or others, the more power you give to them. Be aware of negative self talk – consciously choose to re-write those stories with your new beliefs and the opportunities pop up in your life! The opportunities were always there….It’s just that the old stories were blocking your line of sight!
If you want to explore this more, contact me for a personal empowerment session and let’s get rid of the old stories and amp up the happiness in your life! Change your view, change your story and your awareness and your happiness explode!